Monday, December 22, 2014

The Christmas Parade!


As I mentioned in an earlier post, I love to do ALL THE THINGS! as it relates to riding and horses.

So when my friend at the barn mentioned that there was a local Santa Parade, and did I want to dress Boca up in a ridiculous costume and ride down Main Street, the answer was YES!

Pay no attention to the constipated-looking elf. Focus on the cute horse.

One of the very best things about Boca is that he is truly brave.
He is one of the most bombproof horses I have ever come across.
He genuinely is not reactive and if he comes across something new or different, he is curious and engaged. He wants to approach and investigate.

I was extremely proud of Boca at the parade. There were marching bands and floats, children and dogs, fire trucks and police cruisers, minis, carts, and minis pulling carts.

Photo Credit: Tom Maguire

Boca's attitude?  "They're throwing me a Parade!!!"

"Look! Look at the cuteness of my fuzzy nose!"

"Hello Human Grandfather! You may pet and adore me!"
Mmm leaves. I am starving!!!

Boca was interested and wanted to make friends with every human and equine along the parade route. He tried to eat the straw off one of the floats. Overall, it was a great experience, and once again, I was grateful for my easy-going little red horse.

He allows me to live out all my unrealized childhood 4-H dreams.

5 comments:

  1. This is so awesome!!!!!! I want to ride in a parade so bad. You guys look so cute! I love the costume. Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo cute! I've always wanted to go be in a parade, but it hasn't worked out thus far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Boca cracked me up. Especially when he tried to eat straw off one of the floats. He looooves people, and clearly thought they were all there to pet and admire him.

      Delete