Wednesday, January 28, 2015

How NOT to Survive a Blizzard

As you may have heard, the Northeast was just inundated with a winter blizzard that included record snowfall for some areas of Massachusetts. Luckily, my town received *only* somewhere in the area of 20-30 inches

20-30 inches, but hey, who's counting.

Now, some may assume that after a lifetime of dealing with blizzards, that Floppy Ammy would have some coping mechanisms in place to deal with these circumstances.
You would be Wrong.

I think I tried to hibernate away the reality of this storm. My actions could also be explained by a raging case of PMS. I am not proud of these actions, but the truth is that I survived the blizzard of 2015 by consuming an ENTIRE half gallon of Friendlies' Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream in under 24 hours. And then napping/sleeping intermittently for about 19 of those Hours.



I did not shovel. I did not check on elderly neighbors. My only explanation for my unseemly behavior is that I truly think my body tried its best to hibernate until Spring.

Wouldn't this make you want to hibernate too?

In any case, it didn't work, and I re-emerged, blinking, into a sunny, snow covered world filled with kids sledding, neighbors shoveling, and people cleaning off cars.

I suggested a family walk, to get the blood flowing and so I could re-join the land of the living.

Hubby & Puppy

The cuteness

We frolicked a little in the snow, and I felt a little bit better about life.

I am the Queen of the World  (yes, that's a street sign)

...Until I found out we're getting another 8-12 inches of snow on Monday. #FML


12 comments:

  1. Never apologize. That is perfectly rational behavior. Sounds like you need to stock up on ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I needed that :) Oh, and I quit. I'm waving the white flag. I'm getting on the WINTER SUCKS bandwagon. Make room!

      #edited because my fingers are too cold to type. It's 18 degrees today.

      Delete
    3. It hasn't even snowed here lately, but I can't do the fog anymore. You bring ice cream, I'll bring wine. Maybe we can make floats?

      Delete
  2. Bam! Right at the end. Good luck. Get more ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ugh... hibernation is absolutely the answer... good luck and stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I mean, I would have done the same honestly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha! I survived through a combination of snacks and netflix. Oh and I made mac and cheese for supper. I briefly thought about snowshoeing but then sanity prevailed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teresa, thanks for commenting! I love meeting new bloggers. Gonna go check out your blog now!

      Delete
    2. Be warned. it's a bit depressing at the moment.

      Delete
  6. I miss snow, but I don't want that much of it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um, we got like 2 inches and I wanted to hibernate, so I'm 110% sure that you did the right thing.

    ReplyDelete