Saturday, January 3, 2015

In which very little happens.

I'm afraid the next 6-8 weeks may be a little low-key here on the floppy-ammy blog.
We're heading into the 2 coldest months of the year.

Yes, this is my real forecast.

The indoor won't be complete until sometime this spring.
We are just going to have to tough it out - ride when we can and hang on till spring.

I dragged myself out of my two days of sloth and went to the barn today.
Once dressed in 2 pairs of socks, fleece-lined long johns, breeches, 
2 waffle-weave shirts, a sweatshirt, a neck warmer, a hat, 2 chemical foot warmers, Mountain Horse Ice Riders,my old farm jacket and two pairs of gloves, 
it actually was not all that bad.

The footing in the outdoor was frozen solid, but I was able to convince two barnmates to join me on a trail ride. One of the girls had some nifty iPhone app that tracked our ride.
In all, we rode for 1.5 hours and just over 6 miles.

At least my red horse got some exercise.  Excited for spring and the chance to buckle down and get some real work done.

1 comment: