Tuesday, January 13, 2015

The Halloween Hunter Pace :)

Like most of the rest of the blog-o-sphere, I am currently in hibernation,
waiting for winter to pass. This year I am strangely accepting of the fact
that I am only riding once a week.  I am not fighting it like normal.
Things are unusually kum-ba-ya over here.

Kumbaya, my Lord, Kumbaya

I am embracing flannel jammies, watching tv and cuddling with my dog.
My horse is fat and hairy, I am fat and hairy, and it is all good.
The days are getting longer, we have had no snow to speak of, and
daylight savings is only 7 weeks away. I can hang on.

To keep you all from dying of boredom, I thought I'd recap one of my most fun adventures from this fall - the Halloween Hunter Pace.


I have always wanted to do a hunter pace, since the days when I was a small lesson child. Now that I have my own horse and my own transportation, I get to do exactly what I want, almost 100% of the time. I can't tell you how awesome that is!

Luckily for me, I have a super fun partner-in-crime at the barn that likes to do all the crazy-fun pony adventures that I dig.  Like taking our horses swimming, going hunter-pacing in costume, and riding in a Santa Parade.

This year, when the local Halloween Hunter Pace rolled around, I was so ready.
My friend suggested we go as Superheros, which I thought was a great idea.
The weather for the day of the hunter pace was super nice.  We did the Pick-and-Choose division, as Boca had never jumped (at least not to my knowledge) and I didn't want to limit my friend's fun.

All suited up and ready to go.

Now mind you, my poor horse is in Costume -- WITH A CAPE -- because I am a horrible horse mom and like to torture him.


And, I had never asked him to jump before, but the facilities were so nice and the jumps were so inviting, that I just HAD to try a few!


And so, the first time I jumped my horse was in costume, including a cape.
And he was an absolute ROCKSTAR.

He was willing to jump pretty much anything I pointed him at.
Granted, I didn't ask him to jump more than 18", but he happily jumped
painted crossrails, flowerboxes, and logs on course.

My friend and I had an absolute blast.



We won 4th Place in the Pick & Choose Division.
Optimum time for our division was 1h 35m. We came in 1h 38m
And we won 7th place for our costumes.


Can't wait to do it again this year!

5 comments:

  1. I really want to do a hunter pace, unfortunately I have a hard time finding them in this part of the country. Love the costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun!! :-D I LOVE your costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If y'all got 7th for your costumes, i can't imagine the winners! Super fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm jealous. I don't think we have any hunter paces down here. Looks like so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete