Thursday, January 22, 2015

Visit From the Saddle Fitter



Today was the scheduled 5-6 month visit from the Saddle Fitter to re-check the fit of my saddle. My saddle is a used 17.5 Black Country Quantum. It is wool-flocked, so it can be adjusted to fit Boca.





I pulled Boca in to get him ready for the fitter. It is the first time I've really taken a good look at him without a blanket on in weeks, and I have to say, I'm really happy with what I see. He has definitely put on weight and condition. I'm using a supplement called Bioflax 20. It advertises itself as support for coat, skin and hooves. I'm really happy with it. That shine is all natural.  I haven't brushed him in 4 days.




Look at that ba-donk-a-donk. There is some junk in that trunk, Mmmhmm.


Also, for the record, my horse thinks he is a mare.


Oooh yeah, caress that flank baby

My saddle fitter showed up and, in addition to being awesome, she now has a greyhound therapy dog. Of course, I completely geeked out over him.


Jacques, on his dog bed, with his electric blanket 

The great news is that my saddle still fits well. Only minor adjustments to the flocking were needed.


Tools of the Trade
My awesome saddle fitter at work. Jacques in the corner.

Boc and I are good to go for a few months. She would like to see me ride in it next time she is out. Oh, and those cow kicks he has been firing off lately? Not caused by saddle fit. Cheeky little bugger!

4 comments:

  1. that greyhound is super cute all cuddled up in his electric blanket! glad the saddle is working well for Boca too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear it was a successful visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always good to know the saddle is fitting properly :)

    ReplyDelete