Monday, February 2, 2015

I think he likes me

First, my sincerest apologies to anyone out there still even reading this blog, as there has been little in the way of riding of any kind going on at all recently. This weekend I did not even get on my horse, not even for a walk in the woods. We have 3 feet of snow and another 6-10 inches coming down as we speak.

WHYYYYYY?????

We have no indoor, and we've had some really fun melt-freeze-melt-freeze cycles which makes the outdoor basically useless. The horses didn't even get turned out on Saturday, which NEVER happens, unless the weather is Act-of-God-like.

The most exciting thing I have to report is that my pony talks to me like I'm another horse, which is pretty damn cute, considering I'm not the one who feeds him or takes care of him most days of the week.

I've always noticed that he will call to me when he is on the cross ties. My tack is housed in a tack room one aisle over from Boca's stall, which means if I forget something or need something from the tack room, I have to walk over one aisle and leave him on the crossties. When I reappear, he calls to me like I am his long lost buddy. I always assumed it was an insecurity thing, especially if there are not a lot of other horses inside at the time.

Huuuuuman, don't leave meeeee!

But Saturday, all the horses were in their stalls, due to the inclement weather conditions. I noticed when I walked over to his stall, Boca's nostrils fluttered in quiet greeting. I wasn't stuffing his face with treats and he had a flake of hay in his stall, so I was forced to conclude he genuinely recognizes me and is perhaps pleased to see me.

Could it be true? Could my horse genuinely like me? 
Huh. Well how about that.

5 comments:

  1. Aww, too cute. I love horses that chat to me, not so the ones that scream for buddies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's adorable! I'd say that he definitely likes you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so uh, i heard a rumor.... i think that pony Boca kinda likes you. it's cute, really :)

    ReplyDelete