Thursday, February 19, 2015

Updates

Update # 1
I have made an appointment to go look at super awesome barn.
I am meeting the farm owner at 12:00 on Saturday for a tour.


There is a lot to consider, but I can't make an educated decision without getting a better feel for the property. On my only visit to the farm, I shipped in to use their indoor. I had Boca with me, so I only really got to see the indoor and the parking lot.
 
 
Update # 2
I HATED the Smartpak Pipers. HATED them.
As in, could not get them off my body fast enough.
When I opened the package, I was immediately disappointed.
The wheat color was really more greenish to my eyes.

I have no problem with green breeches - in fact I own two pairs
 already. But I really detest the beige/tan/khaki disguised as green that many companies are selling. If I want green breeches, I will buy them.
If I buy wheat breeches, please send me wheat colored breeches.

Second, the fit. As soon as I got my ankles in them, I knew I was in trouble.
I think one of the reasons I dislike breeches in general is that I don't like form fitting pants.

The Pipers were super tight on my legs. Sausage casing tight.
I ordered the same size I wear in my Devon Aires, which fit really well.

They could just be cut different. But what is preventing me from just ordering the next size up is the boxy, square cut of the pelvis area. I call this look "Now I have a dink."

Which leads to...


Update # 3

This calls for a trip to Smartpak and/or possibly Dover retail store.
I need to go try on breeches and see what fit I like.


I am coming to realize that shopping for breeches is like bathing suit shopping.
Or worse. The sinking feeling I got when pulling up those ill-fitting breeches. Ugh.


Update #4
We'll call this Weigh-in Thursday, because I am a day late.
Last week I lost 1.5 lbs. I am really, really excited.
 

Overall, my eating habits have vastly improved.
I'm kind of shocked at my own committment to it.




8 comments:

  1. The pipers fit me the same way. Makes me feel like a stuffed sausage with the most giant legs in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it annoys me immensely that many breeches seem to be made for the pre-teen body. Like, really really really annoys me. When I was at Dover I bought a pair of check full seat breeches that I really liked. In fact I should do a blog post about the shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate Pipers too. Welcome to the growing minority!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pipers are hit and miss -- some love them and some hate them! Also, congrats on the weight loss!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. updates #1, 3 & 4 are super exciting!! i'll be very curious to hear what you think about the other barn!

    re: the pipers - i actually kind of love it when i try out something super popular/trendy and decidedly don't like it (hi ogilvy memory foam half pad!), bc the dissatisfaction frees me from constantly itching to buy all the things lol (and i'm so easily tempted)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about the breeches not fitting, hope all goes well with #1 & 3 and wonderful news on #4 - keep up the fab work ☺☺☺

    ReplyDelete