Saturday, February 28, 2015

Updates

The deed is done, y'all. The boarding agreement is signed.
This will be Boca's new home April 1st.

Drool-worthy

I gave notice today to the BM and my friends. It was strangely anti-climactic.
No one was very surprised. Most people said they would have made the same choice.
I still need to tell the BO. He wasn't around today, so I will try again tomorrow.
I don't expect him to react badly, but you just never know.

After my trip to both barns, I headed up to SmartPak to return the Piper breeches.
I tried on every pair in the store that was within my price range and learned that I am an anomaly in the world of today's Hunter/Jumper riders.

1) Smartpak had a sale on discontinued TS colors.
TS breeches were to be had for $95. Never having tried them on before, I put them on, expecting miracles. And, I absolutely hated them. Hate.

2) I do not like side-zip breeches. I know the are the "in thing". 
I don't know if it was the cut, who knows, but I didn't like them at all.

3) I also did not like low-rise breeches. I know I am not as young as I once was, but I thought I would like the new low-rise style. Again, I was wrong.

At this point, feeling as though I had tried on every brand of breech in the store (with the exception of those over $200 -- not gonna go there), I gave up and considered going home. This was worse than bathing suit shopping.

At the last minute, I decided since I was already up there and Dover was 5 minutes away, I might as well try my luck there. And that, my friends, is where I struck gold.

Meet my new favorites:

The Riding Sport Competitor II Full Seat Breeches.



8 comments:

  1. yup. those are great breeches. I have them too. congrats on the new place

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a new barn and new breeches!!! Hope Boca loves his new home :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm...please do a review on the breeches. I'm always in the market!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also hate low rise and side zip. Not for me. I'd be curious about a write up of the ones you loved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous breeches!!! :) I've never tried the side zip.... not sure I'd be keen on it either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one super awesome indoor!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woop woop exciting times ahead. Glad you found a breech you like. Another calling for a review please ☺

    ReplyDelete
  8. You must review your new purchase! It's equestrian blogger code ;-)

    ReplyDelete