Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Next Stop... PBR

After Monday's ride, I think I may have a new calling.
The PBR.
 
 
 
After 3 days off, I decided Boca did not need to be longed before riding.
It was a balmy 68 degrees. He had been standing in the sunshine all day -
no reason to be cold-backed.
 
I saddled up and took him to a new outdoor ring, which I haven't ridden him in before, and proceeded to have a pretty impressive imitation of a qualifying rodeo ride.
 
 

 
He started out extremely agitated about my leg. SO OFFENDED.
Much swishing of tail, kicking out, and half-rears ensued.
 
Then, he decided he wanted to canter. So l let him.
What followed was about 10 minutes of bucking and dolphin-leaping, interspersed with occasionally decent strides of canter.
 
My abs are really sore from riding.
 
My vet appointment is scheduled for tomorrow. I feel like I have been waiting for it forever.
I really hope we can figure out what hell-demon has stolen my horse and replaced it with the miserable animal I currently own.
 
I want my horse back.
 

 
 

16 comments:

  1. I know it's really hard to get sucked in to this, but please don't take it personally. He's a horse. It's spring.

    Fingers crossed for good news with the vet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - it just bums me out that my horse seems so miserable. I am hoping for a clear medical diagnosis.

      Heck, a clear diagnosis of any kind is welcome.

      Delete
  2. Good luck girl! I second SB that you shouldn't take it personally -- it's Spring, poniez get thrilled, shit gets exciting, and sometimes they lose their heads a little. From reading your blog, Boca's got a great brain in there that I am SURE you will tap back into. Also, isn't he six this year? Six year olds are like teenagers, all attitude and spunk!

    If nothing comes back from the vet, or after treatment things don't change, shoot me an email and we can talk about my ENTIRE SPRING last year wherein every time I tried to put my leg on or canter Murray's legs went above his ears (no joke, I have footage).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe skip the vet and call in a priest for an exorcism instead? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The silver lining? You're sitting those bucks beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you! Being pleased with my stickability was the only real silver lining.

      Delete
  5. Just pat yourself on the back for your incredibly sticky seat! Hoping the vet gives you some news tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It bothers me a lot that my horse is so unhappy. :(

      Delete
  6. Good luck with the vet appt! Apollo and I struggle a bit in the spring (he'd prefer to be with the ladies and turns into a giant turd!). Apollo also needs his sheath cleaned about every 3 monts or it's disgusting, he will totally get crowhoppy if he's overdue for a clean.

    It might be an easy fix, fingers and hooves crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well if nothing else at least you'll probably end up with a six pack! I really hope your vet can shed some light on things. I can feel how frustrated you are through the computer screen! (Hugs. And wine. Maybe some chocolate.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Props to you for staying on! Fingers crossed you get a diagnosis.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great seat lady, hope the vet can help she'd some light *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm impressed you stayed on! I would have been on the ground for sure

    ReplyDelete