Monday, April 27, 2015

Spring Cleaning

Saturday my Ulcergard arrived and I stared Boca on his treatment yesterday.
28 days of wrestling this down his throat should be entertaining!
 
 
 I really need to get a friendly media person to get some new video and photos for me.
Believe it or not, in the last few weeks, our canter has started to improve!
 
I tried to get a few pics of Boca cantering on the longe, but everytime I took my eye off him, he broke to a trot.

Poor lil red horse


So hard. Much horse.
In other news, fellow gelding owners can appreciate that this Sunday was, ahem, Spring Cleaning... if you know what I mean.

I was grooming Boca's belly on Saturday and decided I should probably check the state of affairs up there.  WHOO BOY. Crusty critter!

My new plans for Sunday suddenly included everyone's favorite task - sheath cleaning. Luckily for me, Boca is pretty good about the process. I have heard stories that some geldings will try to kick your head off your shoulders.

Lastly, I will leave you with this cuteness:

 
A family of foxes has made a den in a woodpile at the back of our farm. This little guy was the boldest of his 5 or 6 sisters and brothers and came out of the den to have his picture snapped!
 
 

11 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're making progress! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes...I have two geldings that require "spring cleaning" soon too. Not my favorite part of horse ownership for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg that fox!!! too cute!! we had a fox family living next to our arena one spring and they were just the most playful adorable little critters! glad Boca's doing well too - hopefully he likes the ulcergard :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay progress!! One of the best choices I made was to train (or counter-condition) Murray for sheath cleaning. Now I just do a little whenever he drops, give him a cookie, and all is fairly well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Tucker is one of those geldings that will kick your head right off your shoulders. It's the only thing I need drugs for. He says those are his privates.

    And that fox is the cutest thing I've ever seen. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to do some spring cleaning. I have to Ace Simon, but otherwise he behaves fine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much adorable foxiness ♡♡♡
    Glad Boca is doing better *thumbsup*

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always make the fiancé do the "spring cleaning" :) That fox might possibly be the cutest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ughhh I need to do the same "spring cleaning" like... yesterday.

    ReplyDelete