Thursday, June 4, 2015

#TBT - Me & Bob

In the spirit of there being another Triple Crown on the line this weekend,
I bring you this #TBT
 
I taught him everything he knows. Saratoga 2008.
 
For those of you who don't follow horse racing, or perhaps live under a rock,
this is the legendary Bob Baffert, Hall of Fame inductee and trainer of this year's Kentucky Derby and Preakness winner, American Pharoah.
 
I will be watching the Belmont this Saturday and rooting for American Pharoah to be the first Triple Crown winner in 37 years.
 
I used to be an avid horse racing fan and worked in the industry for a very brief time.
 
I watched some of the very best races, and some of the best racehorses of this century, 
in person at the rail at Belmont Park.
 
Part of me will be sad to be watching the race from my couch this weekend, far away from the thunder of hooves and the excitement.
 
If you've never experienced the thrill of a race, the beauty and drama of 1,000lbs of finely tuned athlete, muscles taut and coats gleaming, doing what it was bred and born to do,
then I highly encourage you to go and experience it first hand.
 
#GoPharaohGo
 


6 comments:

  1. That is so cool! :)

    I'm so nervous when I'm watching horse racing on tv...I probably would be a wreck if I saw it in person haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool that you got to meet Bob Baffert!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool! He's always been my favorite trainer :)

    ReplyDelete