Wednesday, July 8, 2015

What We've Been Up To

Boca and I have been chugging along, enjoying summer.
 
Most of our rides have been fun and productive. He's getting stronger and more willing.
We're having fun.
 
 
Boca enjoys being outside the ring. I can usually sneak in more work when we're out in the open.
 
 
Also, he loves to jump. I nicknamed him The Honey Badger, because Honey Badger don't care. Honey Badger jumps ALL the jumps.
 
Wheee
Admittedly, his style is, ahem, unorthodox.
But he enjoys it and tries his heart out, so who am I to complain?
 
We aren't going to win any prizes in the show ring at this point.
Which brings me to my next harebrained scheme...
 
We're going to try Foxhunting!
 
I contacted the local hunt club. Summer Hound Exercise starts this month.
It's a great way to introduce horses to riding with hounds in a slow and relaxed setting.
Attire is informal, and I can meet people and learn.
 
So, yay!  Look out Foxhunters... here we come!
 
 
Puppy naked and jumping for cheese. Because... cheese!




10 comments:

  1. YAY!! That sounds like so much fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear from you! Glad things are going well. Can't wait to hear about your adventures with the hounds :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am jealous! I soooo want to try fox hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hunted for several years. You will love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! That's awesome :) Can't wait to hear about your fox hunting adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow - i bet Boca will LOVE fox hunting! glad to hear you two are having fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy that he's doing well! The fox hunting sounds like a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to fox hunt with b, but there's not much of that around here. I'm jealous!!

    ReplyDelete