Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Sea Horses

 
One of the reasons that my blog went silent is that my barn recently went through a cycle of barn drama so epic that it turned me into a massive ball of nerves and anxiety.
 
When your happy place suddenly and unexpectedly becomes the cause of a gut-churning, cramping malestrom of anxiety, it doesn't exactly inspire you to write happy posts about how awesome your horse is going.
 
All I have to say on the topic is: Women... B*tches be cray-cray for realz.
 
I was not the actual target or center of the controversy, more like collateral damage.
 
During the height of the barn-drama, I suggested to H that we load up the ponies and get the heck out of dodge for the day. We loaded up and headed an hour south to a state park in Rhode Island that boasts miles of equestrian trails, plus access to the beach.

In my head, I've always held on to a bucket list experience of galloping bareback down the beach a la 'The Black Stallion'


However, I weighed the thought of riding miles and miles of trails bareback on my significant-size-withered horse, and opted to saddle up, for the sake of my lady parts.

We did get to play and splash in the ocean, but I was not about to swim out to parts unknown in my new-to-me french saddle.


Boca and Piglet seemed more than willing to enter into the surf, and probably would have swum out to visit the pleasure crafts bobbing in the sea, but we restricted them to the shallows, where they still managed to get themselves and us as wet as possible while splashing around.

Piglet plays dressage horse.
 
Someday I will have my Black Stallion moment, but this was a pretty good filler, until that day comes. 
 
 


11 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to do that! I don't think I'd go the Black Stallion route either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great antidote for barn drama (and I'd add, that horse girls be even cray-cray-er than most other women). Great pics!! Tucker loves splashing in the water! I haven't taken him to the beach yet though, not sure what he'd think of waves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks like so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pictures are awesome! They look like they're having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's on my bucket list for sure, jealous! Yeah barn drama is the worst...good for you for leaving for a fun advetnure instead :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Life is too short to dwell in the negative :)

      Delete
  6. ugh. barn drama. I like how you dealt with it- escape to the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely a turn-that-frown-upside-down kind of day.

      Delete
  7. That looks like fun! What a great way to get away from the crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun! Definitely a bucket list item here too (though not so much on the bareback). ;-)

    Also barn drama is possibly worse than saddle shopping. Possibly.

    ReplyDelete