Monday, March 14, 2016

Just the Reserpine Talking

I'm on 21+ straight barn days and I'm OVER IT. Today is gray and rainy and cold and my back hurts and I just want to go home and cuddle with my puppy and husband and watch HBO's Girls that I recorded last night. WAHHH! Rant Over.

"I'll just park my head right here... You won't even notice."

All this time, I have been thinking that I am sooooo lucky to have such a good pony, that he can flat walk in a halter with no chain needed and be on his best behavior. He has been on Reserpine, but I figured it wasn't doing much. Initially I started him on 10 pills .25 mg per day, but it made his manure a little runny and it smelt horrible. I put a call into the vet, who told me to back him down to 8 pills per day.

I call this one "Woman with Stallbound Horse". It's a masterpiece.

Because he's been so good, I've been steadily decreasing him, until by the end of the week, he was down to 5 pills a day. And I found myself, mid-walk on Friday afternoon, suddenly flying a horse kite. We were on a quiet side street in a nice neighborhood. We had been walking for 20 minutes at least, when Boca decided that going airborne was a resonable response to a child running across their lawn. As I looked up at him in the sky, blowing and snorting and striking, I thought to myself "Hmmm.... guess it was the Reserpine talking all along."

"Lies, I tell you. Hideous lies."
 

10 comments:

  1. Drugs are good! (I don't think that's how the slogan goes, but it definitely should for stall bound horses.) Hang in there (literally)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But you are secretly happy that he feels so good, aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Boca. Silly pony! Although I'm not sure I believe it. That face looks far to innocent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Better living through modern medicine is what I like to call it... works great for humans too! LOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reserpine is good stuff :) I always used the injection, I didn't know they had pills... Hmmmmmm :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lolz oh Boca.... what's that they say, "better living through chemistry"? haha. sounds like he's feeling good!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boca? I'm sure he makes a very cute kite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Boca! Too funny! Wild kite pony needs moar drugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww!!! I'm glad he didn't hurt himself!

    ReplyDelete