Thursday, May 5, 2016

You Better WERK, WERK IT Pony

 


The super pony is back in work. And when I mean work, I mean WORK. Now that we have resolved his medical issues (hopefully), I really want to take this opportunity to really push the limits of getting us fit and correct.

For the month of May, I somehow convinced my husband to agree to letting me take 2 lessons a week. I started with a new instructor that I really, really like. She is effective but kind. I've pushed all plans of showing out the window, but my farm is hosting a rated H/J show on June 12, so there is that.

For the time being, I want to try to keep Boca working 5 days a week. Dr. C recommended a day of rest after every 3 days of work, so our proposed schedule looks like this:

Monday: Off
Tuesday: Lesson
Wednesday: L rides
Thursday Hack Day
Friday: Off
Saturday: Lesson
Sunday: Hack Day

A fellow boarder at my barn, L, recently had to put her horse down, so I offered her the ride on Boca on Wednesday nights. She's very experienced, so it will almost be like a training ride for Boca, and it gives her the opportunity to get some saddle time. Hopefully, this will be a win-win for both of us, until she is ready to get another horse.

Having M/W/F off for me is not ideal riding wise, but it will allow me time to go home after work and spend some QT with my husband and puppy. The husband picks up a lot of slack in the household to allow me barn time, so it is only fair that I occasionally cook dinner and spend some time with them.

So far, this plan is Boca-approved.

Stuff me with cookies, Please.

9 comments:

  1. Yay for riding and fitness!! Also, as someone who begged and borrowed to ride after my first horse passed, I KNOW L super appreciates the saddle time. You are such a wonderful friend <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. this post makes me happy- so I can only imagine how it makes you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww yeah!! Best wishes to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yah! I hope he comes along beautifully now that he is out of pain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay so glad that you guys are in the clear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Working hard and lookin good

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking good! Glad to hear that things are going well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO happy you guys are back at it!

    ReplyDelete