Friday, July 8, 2016

Proof of Progress

I know I can occasionally get discouraged by our slow, incremental progress, creeping towards being proficient at ... well, anything.

But - I now have video proof of our pretty significant improvement over time.

I have the attention span of a fruit fly, so I promise these video clips are very short, but worth watching.

As proof of our progress, I present our best canter, Circa August 28, 2014.


Ouch. Poor pony. That is one unhappy, uncomfortable, unbalanced horse.

Compare that to last night's lesson, July 7, 2016.



Is there room for improvement? Absolutely. Am I proud of our transformation?
Incredibly.

11 comments:

  1. I struggle with being able to see the improvement in the moment. It is so much easier when you don't see the day to day to see the improvement.

    Boca is so cute in the latest video! And it is a huge improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! What a great improvement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW

    You guys look awesome. :-) Such a huge improvement and Boca looks like a whole different horse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Night and day difference. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i second Aimee's comment - he looks like an entirely different horse. one who is thinking and participating and comfortable in his job. nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, big difference! He looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should be very proud of yourself. That is great progress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HUGE improvement! You should be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely always be proud of the progress you've made

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice improvement! As for the getting discouraged part, try to look at riding in terms of good rides as opposed to improvement. That's what I've been doing and I'm much happier for it. Every ride is different and there will always be improvement no matter how fast or slow.

    ReplyDelete